Spring has Sprung?

by Rebecca on April 3, 2012

in Outdoor Photo Journal

Over on the OBN I asked people from across the nation to share Spring pictures for all (me) to enjoy. In everyone’s pictures I’m seeing blooms and greenness that is making me rather envious.

Bandon and I went down to the river the other day because:

1. I was going stir crazy and it was getting ugly
  2. My Internet was down
  3. See number 1

The local Boise river was high, really high and the trees for the most part were barren.
I’m not sure who got more depressed.

• Me: Because the signs of Spring were few and far in-between.
  • Bandon: Because I wouldn’t throw a single stick in the river for her because Ididn’t want to watch her get swept away.

So this is my contribution to the Spring photo prompt….if you look closely, we’ve got a bit of green grass. That’s right, all I have to offer is green grass and one forlorn dog.

Come on Spring! Get with the program…..Pretty Please with a Tulip on Top

Fred TelleenNo Gravatar April 3, 2012 at 5:35 pm

I bet it at least smells like spring and there is no white stuff in the picture. I’d keep a fly rod rigged and ready in case your internet goes down again!

RebeccaNo Gravatar April 3, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Excellent Point Fred! No white here. If I saw white that would be the final nail in my stir crazy coffin.

Ken GNo Gravatar April 3, 2012 at 8:44 pm

That is a little bleak looking.

The wife and I have been talking of moving to parts further south. Southern Missouri, North Carolina, Tennessee perhaps. Anything to make the winters even milder and shorter. I want Puerto Rico, but I’ve been over ruled. Cuba got rolled eyes as a response. I’ve read good things about Cuba.

RebeccaNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’m thinking…Costa Rica!!! Or the Bahamas…I’ll have to read into Cuba =)

Ken GNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 4:52 pm

The usual bass, big bass, in the inland lakes.
Then you have all that ocean on one side, the Caribbean on the other and the Gulf for a bit.

Best of both worlds.

ShoremanNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 8:00 am

Maybe Brandon didn’t get into the river all he way, but looks like she got some parts wet.

RebeccaNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 12:28 pm

It was raining that day and Bandon has a thing about puddles. She’s like a two year old. All puddles are worth a stomp through. But yes, I also let her step into the river, but sadly I wouldn’t let her go swimming.

She still hasn’t forgiven me!

DaveNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Ya know.. I could complain about the extreme amounts of rain we’ve gotten here in western Oregon over the last month (5th wettest on record), or the most snow in March EVER. But I won’t, cause winter steelhead 2011-2012 was EPIC (35ish for 50ish in less than 30 days fishing for the elusive winter unicorn)!!! But I do feel your pain. 2 + weeks with out putting a foot in any river. Watching the rain continuing to fall. 200% snow pack in the central Cascades, and every river west of the cascades is staying blown out. Not to mention, we probably will see high water well into July. I’m going all Jack Torrence (The Shining) over here!!! Somebody turn off this water spigot already and turn the frigging heat up! SHEEZ! Hope you guys get some relief over there!

cofisherNo Gravatar April 4, 2012 at 9:12 pm

What a good looking guy Bandon is!

Kirk WernerNo Gravatar April 8, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Well, I just got back from a week in the Arizona desert. While the sunshine and warm weather, and 5 days of wearing shorts was good for the moss-cloaked soul, it was nice to get back home where the grass is green (thanks to moss), and there is running water as opposed to dry river beds that only see water during flash floods. Our seasons my be a bit behind schedule up here in the northwest, but at least there is the promise of what is to come, whereas in the desert it’s just more of the same, and a lot of nasty shrubbery that just wants to hurt you.