Home is not where the Bonefish are…

by Rebecca on April 5, 2011

in Fly Fishing for Bonefish

Photo by Cameron Miller

I’m home now from the Deneki FIBFest.

Someone please pass me a box of tissue because I’m not entirely happy about that fact.

It’s not often that a one week trip will give me enough blog fodder to keep this site in business for months.

I have pages and pages of notes, I have 19 videos and at the moment I feel a little overwhelmed as to where I’d even start with all the goodies I have swirling around in my mind.

So how about, first and foremost…
I had an amazing time

A huge shout out and thank you goes to Andrew Bennett who invited me along for this once in a lifetime experience. I highly doubt I can convey my gratitude for the opportunity I experienced in simple words, but going with the basics here….thank you Andrew, my world of fly fishing has been expanded on so many levels.

If you aren’t familiar with Andrew’s Deneki website and four world class Fly Fishing Lodges, I’d suggest you get on over there now, sign up for the newsletter and discover what you’ve been missing out on. I had theĀ privilegeĀ of getting to know and fishing with Andrew last week and can tell you, he’s down to earth, funny and a fly fisherman just like the rest of us.

Now I need to organize my experience a bit, go through my notes, edit some videos and get to sharing the fun on this site. Until then, I give you a small photo slideshow of what I was doing last week.

All photos in this sideshow were taken by the amazing photographer Cameron Miller.

Fred TelleenNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:59 am

I had no doubts you’d have a great trip and look forward to your future posts on the subject. I’m looking forward to meeting Andrew in Bozeman soon and planning a trip to Andros in 2012. Tight Lines!

Kirk B CahillNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 10:23 am

I am holding the tissue box for you. I can only imagine how you are feeling today after looking at those great pictures. Remember, it is the memory of the experience that makes it last forever!

JMNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 11:23 am

I can’t wait to read more! I’m glad you had a good time and I hope you’ll get to try the salt again in the future. Saltwater fish are spirited fighters , huh? :) That’s one of the main reasons I’ve drifted away from freshwater fishing. Now we need to get you into the middle of a Bluefish Blitz.

passinthru outdoorsNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 11:35 am

WOW! Looks like you had an incredible time and you deserve it. Some incredible pictures and I’m sure memories that will last you forever. Welcome Back.

KirkNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Cry me a river- I feel so bad for you! ;)

patti bantamNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 1:48 pm

Awesome photos Rebecca. Your bonefish are respectfully larger than my bonefish. Glad you had a wonderful trip.

Michael BantamNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Rebecca glade your back too. After your experience in catching Bone fish, I feel the real TEARS won’t start until after you catch ………….another whitefish. LOL It has taken me and Patti 6 weeks to recover from our trip, the tan will fade away but the memories will always be with you and your audience here. Welcome home.

ShoremanNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 7:07 pm

Take your time. We’ll hang around while you sort out your notes and stuff. Looking forward to the posts.

cofisherNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Really nice photos. Looking forward to the rest of the story. Welcome home!

Fontinalis RisingNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:14 pm

We’ve all had that feeling. Thanks for taking us all with you. Welcome back.

MelNo Gravatar April 5, 2011 at 9:29 pm

Some incredible pictures, stories, and videos to come, I have no doubt. Me and Idaho Trout missed you while you were away. However, you have been smitten with the Bonefish and I am sure you will return.

Andrew BennettNo Gravatar April 7, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Thank you Rebecca!

It really means a lot to host folks who truly appreciates the experience. Thanks for making it a great week – I can’t wait to go fishing again together.

Andrew

MGNo Gravatar April 8, 2011 at 7:54 am

RG…most photogenic newbie ever!

AZWanderingsNo Gravatar April 9, 2011 at 8:38 am

Looks like a great time out there. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the whole trip.

Ben

GregNo Gravatar April 10, 2011 at 12:13 pm

wow- those pictures are amazing… keep the posts coming.

KevNo Gravatar April 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm

Nice, I have yet to catch a bonefish.