Day 2: Bonefish are not a WhiteFish!

by Rebecca on March 29, 2011

in Fly Fishing for Bonefish

Enough said…right?

Deneki Andros South FIBFest is a little slice of heaven.

Please accept my following apology.

I’d write more, but I must go fly fishing right now.

Dinky FishNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 9:52 am

WOW -Rebecca, now thats a White Fish, in fact that picture is fantastic. We have officially moved you to Rock Star Status, here’s to today hoping day #3 brings you a
15lb BoneFish. It’s Official you have now caught Moutain and Salt Water White Fish.

Congrats… and keep the write ups coming.

ShoremanNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 10:44 am

THAT is a picture suitable for framing. Bet he gave you a run for your money. Not an easy fish to hook and a screamer when they are. Good job.

IvanNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 11:01 am

You mean they don’t spastically shake their heads? Great photo and a great looking fish.

Fontinalis RisingNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 12:23 pm

I don’t know if this feeling is love or hate. Oh yeah, it’s jealousy. Looks like a blast.

KirkNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I thought you were invited on the FIBfest with the understanding that you’d be writing about your trip, and not rubbing just it in our faces? Either way, nice fish. Great photo.

ken morrow, affpNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 6:07 pm

MONEY SHOT! There you go, Becca. And no…you don’t need to write more.

Functioning FishaholicsNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 6:38 pm

Really glad you are having fun down there! We are supposed to have a “mini-nor Easter” up here in PA so I think that means possibly snow in APRIL (joy)… Fishing this weekend will not be fun. But yea… Good to see you enjoying the sun… And the clear water and O yea, FISH! (:

The River DamselNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 8:01 pm

That fish is no WHITEFISH!!!! Oh, Ms. Photogenic…you are making me jealous with the tan and the cool colors you’re wearing while I’m skiing on a mountain today!! Good job…keep it up!

MelNo Gravatar March 29, 2011 at 8:56 pm

What a great photo! That looks like cover material for a Fly Fisherman Magazine. Screaming reels to you, Rebecca! Btw, us Rocky Mountain Bonefish folks look up to you.

kmurrayNo Gravatar March 30, 2011 at 9:00 am

I love the pic and you sure look like your enjoying yourself! Congrats!

JMNo Gravatar March 30, 2011 at 4:05 pm

Pretty fish ! Anything besides bones biting? I have to agree with Mel , that picture belongs in a fly fishing magazine , or at the very least an Orvis catalog! Catch one for me would ya?

I have so many questions now that you’re fishing in the big drink…. :)

Michael BantamNo Gravatar March 30, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Someone once said a picture is worth a thousand words. Nice writing skills.

StephanieNo Gravatar March 31, 2011 at 8:02 am

Wow, what a killer photo. Fantastic fish, aquamarine waters, blue sky and a big smile. Looks like a blast.

OwlNo Gravatar March 31, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Well, ….yeah that’s pretty freakin’ cool. :)

Have fun! You can tell us all about it ( or at least the parts you want to tell) when you get back. If you ever come back. :) lol

The River DamselNo Gravatar April 2, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Does anyone remember when Day 2 was??? I’m thinking that Day 3 turned into Day 4…haha.