A Delicate Presentation

by Rebecca on February 18, 2011

in Outdoor Observations

~ Madison River, Montana ~ Fall 2010~

I realize that if I don’t start posting here soon,
I’ll be forced to kick myself out of my own Outdoor Blogger Network.
I think that would be rather embarrassing…

I’m not sure why I’ve been so negligent about posting here the last few months other then I’ve been distracted. I’ve been the person trying to juggle 3 Fly Boxes in one hand while casting to several rising trout from the other. It’s been so long since I’ve actually signed into my Outdooress email account I’m positively frighted at the prospect. Who knows how many waiting emails lurk growing mold. (If you’ve emailed me ohh..in the last 2 months, please, I’ve been in New Zealand fly fishing this whole time and surely you understand)

In a way, I guess I got swept out into my own version of rivers life and I’ve been swimming against the current for awhile now. Sadly, the writer in me tends to ditch me in times like this (the reason for the quiet around these parts) but I know I’ll make it back to the bank eventually.

I do have news and I am pretty excited about this upcoming fly fishing adventure: At the end of March I’ll be heading off to attend the FIBfest at Andros South. Can I get a Woot Woot for that?

Of course, I’ll probably be the only one there that has never been saltwater fly fishing for bonefish —ok, make that saltwater fly fishing for anything at all– which will rank me as the newbie in the group. I’m not sure how well my fly fishing for trout, steelies and salmon will translate on a tropical level, but I’m willing to take one for the team and test it out.

I learned to include Bass in my fly fishing abilities last year, I played nicely with Mountain Bonefish (a.k.a my nemesis, the Mr. Whitefish) as well in 2010, so for 2011….I will add Bonefish to my list of fly fishing experiences. I’ll be groveling for advice in the coming weeks…for sure.

I look forward to what 2011 will bring….and getting back into writing again on this blog.

Be Back Soon,

Kirk B CahillNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 11:37 am

Glad to have you back! Now go get ready to catch a few fish!

John SoaresNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Rebecca, I’m glad you’re getting back into your groove here. It’s been quite awhile since you popped up in my feed reader.

Now I’m off to check out the Outdoor Blogger Network.

cofisherNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 2:12 pm

I think I can honestly say that we’re just happy you’re back. I’m learning right now that sometimes we have to give things we want to do for things we need to do. So, just welcome back and continue to entertain us when you will and keep OBN on solid ground like you and Joe have.

RickNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Hello Rebecca
New to your blog and I’m am certainly looking forward to your posts. I hope too that you start writing more but obviously understand if you are a bit preoccupied.

I invite you to browse my blog and please do leave a comment or two.

ArlingtonGregNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Welcome back, indeed. FIBFest looks to be a good time. Tom Rosenbauer did a podcast called “5 ways not to embarrass yourself on the flats” or something like that ( http://bit.ly/f3bv26 ), which I listened to on the way home in the subway wishing I was somewhere else. One of the biggest is to do a strip set rather than lift your rod tip as you would trout fishing. Have a blast and WRITE about it!

kmurrayNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 4:18 pm

I’ll give you a woot-woot and also tell you that you’re doing fabulous job. Anyone who reads this blog understands that you’re a busy woman with that OBN stuff. Personally I don’t know how you too it!

Keep up the good work Rebecca and remember to just breathe ever once in awhile!

Sandra DoscherNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Hi…I have been very bad about blogging but I am trying to get back into it…Guido (if you remember him) has set up a page on Facebook for ex-Jlanders and it has reconnected quite a few people. I guess because of it I started writing again…so much has happened in the past few years…what you wrote about life being like a river is so true..mine has had more twists and turns & waterfalls than I care to mention! Come visit if you wish and let me know if you are still planning to write in your other blog againn…Love,Sandi

MNAnglerNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 5:31 pm

I’ll just add my “welcome back” and hope you don’t leave us in the lurch again for too long. Have fun on your trip. We’re all anxiously awaiting to hear how you do.

The River DamselNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 8:24 pm

WOOT!!! Glad to see the post! Mr. Bonefish will make you forget all about that Mountain “little lips” guy… and I think Bandon gets the award for having the longest post up…heehee.

Michael BantamNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Nice to have you back Rebecca. I like the river analogy of ones life stretching out like a river. Sometimes I want to hold my ground when what i really need to do is tumble like a rock, coming to rest in a different, less turbulent place. Oh, white fish may look like a bone fish, but give it an attitude of a snagged steelie and there is the difference. Your going to have a blast, might even get a tan.

Functioning FishaholicsNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Good to see fresh ink on this page!

“I think if you take anyones lifeline and stretch it out like a river, it’s bound to resemble the rivers we fish. Stretches when the current of life was slow and meandering and times when the water of reality took on a swift and unpredictable course.”

Good stuff.

BjornNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 10:24 pm

You are going to do just fine. You just listen to the guides and by the end of the week you’ll be finding your own fish. No worries. They are pros down there. Going to be a gooooood time. I guess we just shouldn’t play poker with Gracie, from what I understand.

MelNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 10:29 pm

Like all the others have mentioned, Rebecca, glad to see you with a post on your blog here. I really enjoy your work on this blog, and, love to share fishing stories with you. I certainly understand how an idea, The OBN, has catapulted you into a blog management frenzy. Don’t forget these Idaho fishies though!

ClifNo Gravatar February 18, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I’ll say welcome back if you post again within 2 weeks.

Actually, make it 3 :)

KirkNo Gravatar February 19, 2011 at 1:04 am

Absence begets mystery, which in turn creates intrigue…As evidenced by the number of comments, many have missed you. So, one request if I may: don’t leave us hanging for so long next time. And by all means, when you get back from your trip to Andros, throw us a bone.

JoeNo Gravatar February 20, 2011 at 9:58 am

Too late – I already kicked you off the OBN for “Failure to post within Specified Time Frame” Rule #35(f).7, subsection 21

Just kidding, loyal Outdooress followers – no need to put a bounty on my head!!!

King Salmon AlaskaNo Gravatar February 21, 2011 at 4:39 am

Thank you for sharing this informative content. Our readers will really benefit from this. Will follow your posts from now on. Thanks again.

MysticfishNo Gravatar February 24, 2011 at 9:44 pm

With all the work you have done with the OBN, I sure understand your neglect to this blog. I’ve just been introduced to you through OBN and will follow you now, though I don’t expect you’ll post here often. What with all the work over there and all the whitefish to catch come spring, plus a puny bonefish or two, we sure understand.

Fontinalis RisingNo Gravatar March 14, 2011 at 4:57 pm