Bandon the Resentful

by Rebecca on November 5, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

Bandon, waiting for the "Fish On" Alert

Over on the Outdoor Blogger Network I prompted the Outdoor Blogging community to share their favorite four legged friend this week for a Photo Challenge. I figured it was about time I stopped working so much and joined in the fun.

Bandon the ever watchful as a Fish is brought in

Typically I refer to my golden retriever as “Bandon The Bashful” but I’m convinced she’s currently miffed at me which has inspired the “Resentful” reclassification.

Just like any red blooded female, she can hold a grudge and I have no doubt she’s holding one against me still, for ditching her on my recent Yellowstone trip.

That’s right, I left her home like a mean, inhumane dog owner. I know, I know, you don’t have to say it. That act of outdoor abandonment was the lowest of lows.

I plan on making it up to her this weekend by letting her chase fish at my feet and dirty up my FishCruiser with weeds and mud. Hopefully by next year she’ll forgive, but I doubt she’ll ever forget…

ShoremanNo Gravatar November 6, 2010 at 8:16 am

I’m sure Brandon has that “You don’t love me any more” look on his face. You know, it’s the one that crushes you every time and makes you give in and take him with you for the next 6 months, at least.

KirkNo Gravatar November 6, 2010 at 5:53 pm

So this begs the question: does Bandon derive his name from being abandoned?

MelNo Gravatar November 6, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Kirk raises an interesting question there. How did he come by his name? I can’t see him disowning you. He loves the water and the fish and the fish cruiser and more fishing and ……………………………………………………………………

Ok, maybe he is a little disappointed, but, next time he will be right by your side!

Colorado AnglerNo Gravatar November 9, 2010 at 9:50 pm

Careful, now…Bandon the Resentful is probably better than Bandon the Vindictive. And you’re right…females never forget. Ever.

Time to make it up to Bandon, Garlock. Stat.

Home SkilletNo Gravatar November 11, 2010 at 7:20 pm

I agree with Colorado Angler. There are alot worse things that Bandon could be…..for example; Bandon the lazy, or Bandan the smelly, how bout Bandon the rock thrower. That would not make for a good fishing buddy.
Home Skillet

The GoosemasterNo Gravatar November 20, 2010 at 4:20 pm

Dogs and small children are the same. They both love you unconditionaly. Thats what makes them so special. No matter what you did , they will forgive you.

Stan

HowardNo Gravatar November 25, 2010 at 3:11 pm

Nice story. It’s amazing what these critters bring to our lives.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Kansas Deer Hunting ManNo Gravatar February 2, 2011 at 10:47 am

That’s an awesome dog!

RickNo Gravatar February 7, 2011 at 11:35 am

I know exactly what your talking about. My best buddy Sampson (1/2 German Shepard & 1/2 Siberian Husky) sulks big time when I leave him home and go out without him.

Whitetail Woods Blog / Deer Hunting and Blackpowder Shooting at it’s best.