The Outdoor Blogger Network…Co-Founder Does Post (finally)

by Rebecca on October 20, 2010

in Outdoor Blogger Network

Outdoor Blogger Network

It could be considered shameful that 3 days after the official launch of the Outdoor Blogger Network one of the co-founders is finally making an announcement about the project on her own blog, but seriously, I have a totally legit excuse. Hear me out….

I was planning on writing this post on Mondays big day and publishing it exactly one minute after I published the “Launched!” post on the OBN.

However, word was getting out before I published that “Launched!” post and there was work to be done. Next thing I know, I’m hitting that “Launched!” button and…. A fantastic, overwhelming, awesome, oh shit I’m behind already, woohoo, email crushing Outdoor Blogger stampede occurred.

It’s been truly amazing. The Bloggers. The support. The emails. The blog posts being written about the Outdoor Blogger Network. The positive feedback. Everything.

An effort worth not fishing the last 10 days of my life. That would be TEN WHOLE days without Fly Fishing for me. There’s only been a few dire moments that I thought to myself, “Chicken Little was just a misunderstood soul. Clearly he hadn’t been Fly Fishing in awhile and that’s why he kept thinking the sky is falling.” I only had those sorts of thoughts when I was website programming. Temporary html insanity.

If by chance you haven’t heard about the Outdoor Blogger Network and you’re wondering what in the world I am talking about (and please remember, 10 days, no fishing, I’m not thinking coherently anymore) here’s the low down.

And now…with a click of this publish button, I’m going Fly Fishing.

kmurrayNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 10:49 am

Well that sounds like a perfectly good excuse for not posting right away if you ask me!

I really love the idea of the OBN and all that it will bring to the outdoor blogging community. You and Wolfy did a great job sorting out all the finer details and bringing it to life in such an outstanding fashion. It is such a good thing. Really, it is.

So kudos to you Rebecca and please ENJOY your time fishing. (but that kinda goes without sayin’ doesn’t it!?!)

KirkNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 12:35 pm

…and also on day 3, the Outdooress flees for West Jellystone to go fly fishing, leaving behind the infantile OBN to fend for itself until she returns. Is that responsible parenting?

ShoremanNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 1:13 pm

Taking a little saying from ‘before”, You could use a break today. I have faith that you’ll be back. We’ll wait until then.

WolfyNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 1:34 pm

Gentlemen (and Kari) – NO ONE is awaiting Rebecca’s return more than yours truly, but… I’d like to think that I’m not SO inept that the world will indeed stop spinning on its axis while she irritating trout in some corner of MT/WY/ID.

I thinkI can, I think I can, Ithink I can, ….

KenNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 4:48 pm

Hope OBN takes off like a deer in heat.

MelNo Gravatar October 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm

Your world has been spinning on a “high speed internet axis” over the past few weeks. Certainly you deserve to get away and tease a trout or two in Yellowstone. Work is work and it will always be there when you get back. Disappointed I didn’t get a chance to see you on your way through Eastern Idaho.

Michael BantamNo Gravatar October 21, 2010 at 8:14 am

Hey Rebecca, here is something I have noticed about work and fishing. When I work I want to fish, when I fish thoughts about work disappear. Here is the funny thing I think we all search for, the mind bucket is now empty and new ideas and thoughts rush in. This is a wonderful idea, and like that fish that rises just for you, you got it. Good Job.

Kirk B CahillNo Gravatar October 21, 2010 at 4:19 pm

You do not have to make any excuses but you do have to give us a report on the fishing!

Owl JonesNo Gravatar November 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Is OBN your baby?! AWESOME! I have my logo up and I hope I make the cut. Love the way it’s bringing all the outdoors folks together! Thank you so much!

Owl