The Color of 6 A.M.

by Rebecca on September 19, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

As Always, not retouched in anyway....

I’m back from a couple of weeks chasing Elk around the Mountain Tops of Central Oregon. Every single day I was up on the Mountain early enough to watch the sunrise and every single day I was still up on the Mountain to watch the sunset.

I had a wonderful time and will  muse about my experience here this week.

While I was gone this humble little website experienced a considerable spam attack which frankly irks me to no end. Since the under slim of the Internet world is still testing the new anti-spam protection I’ve installed, I’ve also instituted something I had hoped to avoid.

From now on, anyone who comments will have to have one “approved comment” before their comments shows up in real time. I apologize to the real people who take the time to comment and brighten my day…for the one time delay. As for the spammers, well, take that ya annoying assholes…(sorry Dad, but that cuss word was truly unavoidable and appropriate)

I hope everyone has been well and getting outside as often as possible.

ClifNo Gravatar September 19, 2010 at 8:34 pm

Let’s get this approval thing out of the way.

Nice picture, can’t wait to read about the hunt.

Emily B.No Gravatar September 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Sweet picture! Glad to have you back… : )

MelNo Gravatar September 19, 2010 at 10:11 pm

Ok, I want to get the approval thing out of the way also. That is an awesome photo, Rebecca. Looking forward to your elk trip posts. As for the spammers, go get ‘em girl!

KirkNo Gravatar September 19, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Oh, were you gone? ;)

Look how quickly your groupies chime in here, as if we’ve been sitting around a campfire for two weeks awaiting your return and wondering if you brought us some backstraps for the grill. Welcome back!

nimrod243No Gravatar September 19, 2010 at 11:27 pm

I was kind of wondering why I hadn’t seen any emails with updates from your blog. I am glad to hear you were busy with some very honorable persuits.

Sorry to hear about your recent spamming. Somewhere in my unconcious mind I keep fearing that day myself, and probably should go ahead and fire up the old comment moderation controls before something terrible does happen.

I look forward to reading about the elk hunt here in my home state of Oregon.

Harry P. DavisNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 4:38 am

Well I don’t like Spam that much either except on crackers…maybe fried…Okay! I like Spam!
I can tell your experience has stayed with you long after you left the mountains…that’s mystical and makes us better, deeper and maybe a bit more sensitive people when we get back to (reality?)(home?)…anyway when we get back.
Thanks for sharing the dawn
Harry

ShoremanNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 5:33 am

Put me in for approval, coach. great picture, can’t wait for the story.

MichaelNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 7:54 am

Welcome back. Sometimes I wish fish lived in the sky, maybe I wouldn’t miss so many hook sets that way. Welcome back. Oh I stopped cussing along time ago, but was told I could keep one for occasions like SPAMMERS.

JohnNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 8:09 am

Sunrise and Sunset is but one of the rewards of the outdoors. God’s Watercolor; we sometimes call them. Very fluid and different each time. I love them. This one is particularly pretty. I am looking forward to hunting myself for the Watercolored skies, fresh sage, and the smell of the wild.

Glad you made it back safe. Talk to you soon.

kmurrayNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 8:21 am

What a beautiful picture!

It’s too bad about those darn spammers too. They just ruin it for everyone but you have to keep yourself protected anyway you can so please hook me up with an approval ☺

RobNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 9:15 am

Nice to see you back! Great photo!

HaroldNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 9:34 am

We all crave approval. Thanks for the beautiful photo.

Tom ReutebuchNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 9:35 am

What do you have against people who like Spam? Ohhhh…those kind of spammers…I see… :p

Great blog Rebecca! You are living the dream!!

RebeccaNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 10:11 am

Approvals galore =) Thanks everyone for not only your visits to this website, but also your gift of words. The spammers are still slinking around the borders, but so far, not a single one has been able to comment. HA ~

ColoradoAnglerNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 10:25 am

….someone’s been busy…chasing big game in Oregon. I’ve said it before….you’re living a dream, Garlock!

And you gave me grief about being up before the sun rises….HA! You ARE ‘one of those people’. : )

WolfyNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Hopefully you’ll see fit to allow me onto the “VIP” list and post my comments.

Luckily, no one reads my blog, so the spammers go elsewhere!

KenNo Gravatar September 20, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Wasting a comment here to get to the meat :o )

MNAnglerNo Gravatar September 23, 2010 at 7:56 am

Approve me, approve me! Please?

Believe it or not, there is a bright side to this spamming thing. It means you’re getting more exposure. Spammers couldn’t spam you if they couldn’t find you.

So don’t take it the wrong way when I say… I hope you have spam coming out of your ears.

MNAnglerNo Gravatar September 23, 2010 at 7:57 am

Ooh! My comment automagically posted. I feel so privileged.