Fishing the Middle Fork

by Rebecca on August 25, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

Joe and I ~ Middle Fork of the Boise River

Joe and I spent a second day Fly Fishing up on the Middle Fork of the Boise River—A complete 180 from the big fish fiesta of the day before. I wasn’t worried about the lack of fish size or rod bending action since Joe had assured me that he liked little river, little fish adventures and the Middle Fork sings that tune quite nicely.

This is the area where I had high hopes for a bear sighting (run) but much to my disappointment, we didn’t see so much as Bambi the scrawny deer. However, Joe had the pleasure of squishing a snake like I did the day before, so at least he experienced some of wild Idaho.

Joe wrapped up day two so nicely with commentary and (lots of) photos that I doubt there is much I could add to the whole experience! Feel free to visit Joe’s blog for all the details : Day 2 – Middle Fork of the Boise River

So who’s coming to Fish with me Next?
Please remember: Individual fishing results may vary and squished snakes are likely, but not guaranteed.

ColoradoAnglerNo Gravatar August 25, 2010 at 2:04 pm

The middle-fork looks like my kind of water…but those biggies from day one are like a siren’s call…

KirkNo Gravatar August 25, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Joe writes pretty good, but so do you so I am officially condemning you for taking the easy way out on this one ;)

Next year at this time I plan to be headed to Victor for the Casting 4 A Cure event, so I’ll swing through Boize and force you to take me fishing with you. Big fish, little fish, white fish, no fish. Doesn’t matter. Sometimes the best adventures happen when not distracted by catching fish.

ClifNo Gravatar August 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm

What Kirk said! I have to admit I was excited to see you too wrote a post for the second day. Now I’m soaking in disappointment.
Having you two fish together then pen separate accounts was a highlight of this year’s blog activity (for me anyway.) I hoped to read your unique observations, consternation and sensations.

Oh well, even at 3 out of 4 I’ll still call it a highlight.

RebeccaNo Gravatar August 25, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Well!! Look whos getting all demanding =)
See, I put this little entry in the “outdoor photo” category since it was so short. I blame time restrictions for my lack of details today and Joe really did a great job of writing (and showing) about our time.
Perhaps I’ve got alittle something else I could add in the next few days..

EmilyNo Gravatar August 27, 2010 at 10:03 am

Wow! A tough group!!! I enjoyed the pics that Wolfy put up. Looks like a great time!

Kentucky JimNo Gravatar August 27, 2010 at 11:44 am

“Popping” snakes? Oh, the horror of it! :-)

What’s happening with Boise State this year?

MNAnglerNo Gravatar August 31, 2010 at 9:48 am

I agree with Kirk and Clif. You took the easy way out. I liked the two perspectives of day 1 and was looking forward to your perspective on day 2.

That said, it was good to hear you both had a great time. As I commented on Wolfy’s blog, I’m totally jealous. I’ll have to find some vacation time next year to go to Idaho. Having only held a fly fishing rod once in my life, though, I won’t be nearly as impressive as Wolfy.