Fly Fishing The Oregon View

by Rebecca on July 26, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

~Just Your Typical Oregon View~

Fly Fishing in Oregon:
Oh the words I could use to describe it that have nothing to do with actual fish. For one, the rich beauty from every angle is awe inspiring. When Mother Nature was swirling her creative stick over the lands, I’m pretty sure she saved Oregon for last and gave it a few extra passes for special effect.

Now, if the whole mirror image/ pristine lake horizon doesn’t tweak your approval, how about this river? If one never tossed a fly on this water, or caught a Metolius fish, who wouldn’t consider the view alone worth the trip? That’s what I thought. See, extra swirls….

Worth the Trip in View Credits Alone ~ Metolius River

How about some raw beauty?

~ Stark ~

Oh all right, in case just a simple landscape didn’t impress any one….. How about one of these? Would this convince you of the beauty found in Oregon? Big ol’ largemouth Bass (that aren’t supposed to be in there) on a Fly Fishing only lake…

~ Hello Mr. Largemouth Bass ~

ShoremanNo Gravatar July 26, 2010 at 7:10 pm

Mount Hood, I believe. I had a chance to fish the Metolius last fall on the way home form the Deschutes and didn’t take it. Hate myself since. Raw beauty? The rocks, or the one with the fish???

KirkNo Gravatar July 26, 2010 at 9:47 pm

Wow, four whole photos from a week of fishing- you’re getting better, Rebecca! But no photos or mention of the F#ll River? ;) Oregon is beautiful for sure. Bend is on my list of places to live some day.

Kentucky JimNo Gravatar July 26, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Beautiful, Rebecca. Thanks for posting. Nice bucketmouth. Looks like a lot of fun.

Brett ColvinNo Gravatar July 27, 2010 at 9:12 am

The outlook always seems brighter when a member of Order Rodentia isn’t dancing the Light Fantastic across your ass.

Extra credit is awarded for the shot of the LMB on a fly rod. Looks like a great trip.

Kentucky JimNo Gravatar July 27, 2010 at 8:15 pm

God, I wish I had thought of what Brett said… ;-)

MNAnglerNo Gravatar July 28, 2010 at 7:03 am

Wow. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a largemouth that color green before. That must be some amazingly clear water out there.

RebeccaNo Gravatar July 28, 2010 at 11:12 pm

@Shoreman ~ You’ll have to plan another trip back up there and take your flyrod! And, you’re makin’ me blush ;)

@Kirk ~ I just knew you’d be proud of 4 photos in one entry. Truth is…I fly fish, I write….photographer I am not……..

@Kentucky Jim ~ Thank you!

@Brett ~ Oh the laugh you gave me. Yes, an adventure without fear of rodent invasion (or is it intrusion) is much nicer.

@MNAngler ~ The water was very clear. You could see down deep in the lake and watch those big bruisers swimming by. It was very beautiful and very cool….

ClifNo Gravatar July 30, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Quite the bass angler becoming you are.