Cloud Bashful

by Rebecca on July 13, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

~ Untouched Cloud Bashful ~

I’m starting to have a thing for the combination of sunsets and clouds. As I spent the last couple of weeks up in the Mountains, each evening I would get excited to see if the day would end in a hushed blue to black tone or go out with a bold stroke of Mother Natures artistic expression.

No matter where I was, or what I was doing, I would have my hundred dollar camera poised at dusk  just in case Nature sent all the right signals. Some nights colors would burst over the horizon and some nights Nature must have had a headache and just wanted to go to sleep. Either way, I was waiting, watching and ready for whatever she would grant me…

Kentucky JimNo Gravatar July 13, 2010 at 11:59 am

Rebecca, How beautiful. Once in the Sierra I got the chance to see John Muir’s “Alpine Glow”, a pink color on the mountain tops that did not come from the sunset itself. Wonders, huh?

BrianNo Gravatar July 13, 2010 at 2:11 pm

“when I was little, we lived in Arizona….and the skies always had little fluffy clouds….they were long and clear…and there were lots of stars at night…& when it would rain….it was beautiful….the most beautiful skies as a matter of fact…the sunsets were purple and red and yellow and on fire…and the clouds would catch the color everywhere…people don’t see that….you may still see ‘em in the desert…”

From The Orb, ” Little Fluffy Clouds” – one of my favourite tunes (and the visuals for the band were shot in my garden)
Listen to it!

ShoremanNo Gravatar July 13, 2010 at 3:43 pm

You’ve got to love a sunset like that no matter where you are. Great shot.

MelNo Gravatar July 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm

Rebecca, love the picture! To be out two weeks at a time and to enjoy everything that the outdoors and Mother Nature brings is a unique experience.

DanNo Gravatar July 13, 2010 at 9:53 pm

Pictures like your sunset make you think, what is important in life. Live life before its gone.

nimrod243No Gravatar July 14, 2010 at 10:11 pm

There has to be some kind of award for that! That is an awesome picture! I shoot photos with a hundred dollar camera too, but I don’t think I’ve ever captured anything that good. Thanks for your diligence in waiting every evening, it was worth it.