Not Quite An Armchair Angler

by Rebecca on May 25, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

~Only Doing the Armchair Thing While Resting in Camp~

I just looked at my calender, computed some simple math and it hit me why I feel so far behind on just about everything reality based.

In the last 19 days, I’ve been off fishing for 13 of them…..

I’m not sure how much of my personality really comes out in this blog, but one thing I don’t do well is stationary living for very long, it makes me twitchy. The way I see it, every chance I have to GO ~ I Go. My guy friends think I’m brilliant. My girl friends think I’m missing a few nuts & bolts typically issued from the feminine side of the genetic code shop.

As for what I think ~ I think I’ve been doing exactly what I wanted to be doing. The only armchair I really appreciate is the one I can kick back on around a campfire.

AustinNo Gravatar May 25, 2010 at 2:11 pm

Your priorities are correct and I’m super jealous.

Kentucky JimNo Gravatar May 25, 2010 at 5:27 pm

You look like a real angler to me, Darlin’. And you tell stories like one, as well. Hope all is well in Boise.

KirkNo Gravatar May 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm

As long as you leave plenty of cold cereal and fresh milk behind for your family when you answer The Call, who could fault you? For those with The Yearning, there is no cure other than to go. Denying yourself that would only make you cranky and, as you noted, “twitchy”. I myself am being beckoned to Montucky shortly. It’s not so much that I want to go, but that I must. You inspire me.

ZachNo Gravatar May 25, 2010 at 9:13 pm

Couldn’t agree more. I hate being tied down. Living in a van down by the river is the way to go.

MNAnglerNo Gravatar May 26, 2010 at 6:50 am

I have two words for you: JEA-LOUS!

ShoremanNo Gravatar May 26, 2010 at 7:14 am

It’s your life, live it the way you want. You learn that when you get old. So, get on with it.

ColoradoAnglerNo Gravatar May 26, 2010 at 7:40 am

Points for the ‘Bob Cratchit’ gloves…they scream “I kick ass with the long rod and can do it without name-brand gear.” They’re pretty good at keeping your hands warm when wet, too.

RobNo Gravatar May 26, 2010 at 9:24 am

You look really tan.

If I had the chance to go fishing 13 out of 19 days, I’d be sure to do it too…bugger the reality based world…nothing wrong with that….I don’t think you’re any less chick-like….only “where can I git me one – a -dem” – like