Easter Palette Mother Nature Style

by Rebecca on April 4, 2010

in Outdoor Photo Journal

Untouched Photo of Extraordinary

A sunrise or sunset isn’t extraordinary enough to inspire people to go outside everyday and witness each new statement the sun and the sky co-designs for us. Fact is, both instances happen once a day, every day, of every year and it’s awe is lost in the predictable repetition.

Yet, sometimes when I’m outside and I am paying attention, the visual lauguage of nature takes my breath away. I’ve found reasons not to believe in a thousand different things, however, I’ve never found cause to doubt whether the sun will rise or set each day. That is the predictability of Mother Nature and the comfort she provides.

I consider it a bonus nature shows off with such colorful flair ~

ken morrowNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 10:57 am

your writing is almost as good as the quality of your thoughts and observations. and that photo didn’t come out half bad, either. ;)

wandering owlNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 11:51 am

It’s a shame that most of the pictures nature paints is lost on a lot of us. But you sure caught a beautiful moment there! Good catch.

WolfyNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 3:43 pm

Very nice, Rebecca, very nce.

A Happy Easter to you and yours.

ColoradoAnglerNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Wonderful picture and observation….too many times we tend to miss
the little things that make life what it is.

As they say, ‘familiarity breeds contempt’.

Thanks for the reminder – I owe you one.

ShoremanNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 4:52 pm

I have a plethora of sunrise and sunset pictures that I use for wallpaper on the desktop. I change them about once a week. Keeps you in tune with Nature.

RobNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 5:15 pm

I suck because I always miss that stuff….looking for fish.

ClifNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 6:34 pm

Once while driving down the interstate at 80 mph, I noticed a sunset similar to yours above. I stopped and snapped a picture with my cell phone through the windshield and it is now my phone’s background. After that I realized how much I miss.

KenNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Nature and the great outdoors, the best gift of all.

RebeccaNo Gravatar April 4, 2010 at 9:32 pm

@Ken M~ Thank you! I consider your words quite a compliment.

@Wandering Owl ~ It is a shame that we miss such grand displays isn’t it. Although, I’d like to think that anyone else watching the sunset I took a picture of had no choice but to stand amazed. It wasn’t to be ignored!

@Wolfy ~ Thank you =) And a Happy Easter to you as well

@ColoradoAngler ~ Your welcome. You already pay me back with all the pictures and words you offer up on your blog that I enjoy so much. I’d say we are even. Just watch for those horizons.

@Shoreman ~ In your honor, and excellent suggestion, I just upgraded my screensaver to this picture of mine. Thanks!

@Rob ~ Listen up! Pay attention! (Pretend Mama Nature, with her hands on her hips just said that to you k)

@Clif ~ I think people (like us) just have to notice a display like our sunsets once, or twice and then we wait patiently to be shown the light just one more time (repeat until we are dead)

@Ken ~ Agreed. 100%

Dave CarpenterNo Gravatar April 5, 2010 at 9:32 am

Great Pic! The one thing I miss about southern Idaho is the high desert sunrises and sunsets. Mother Nature more than makes up for the browns and greys of the landscape with beautiful paintings in the sky.

Tovar CerulliNo Gravatar April 5, 2010 at 12:48 pm

Lovely sky shot, and fine words to go with it! Thanks for sharing both.

ken morrowNo Gravatar April 5, 2010 at 4:30 pm

good, because i tend to color most of my remarks with a rather dry wit when i’m awake.