Can You Cast A Vote as well as you Can Cast a Fly?

by Rebecca on March 9, 2010

in Fly Fishing Causes

Adaptive Fly Fishing Institute

I believe that when a person picks up a Fly Rod and performs any sort of cast into the water they are creating a moment that goes well beyond the possibility of catching a fish.

Days on the water are experiences and memories. An individual act that bears no singular definition, yet, we all feel a general sense of common revelation that’s not entirely simple to define. In easy terms I’d say: Time spent fly fishing is good for the body, the mind and the soul.

Which is why I will always stand behind a cause that shows others who may be struggling physically or emotionally the wonderful healing benefits fly fishing offers. The Adaptive Fly Fishing Institute  is in the running for the Pepsi sponsored Refresh Project. If they were to get enough votes by March 31st, they could take 10 wounded soldiers to Hawaii for an Adaptive Fly Fishing trip. I have a deep respect and admiration for those serving in the military and this is a cause everyone can easily support.

It takes a minute of your time, a few clicks of the computer cursor, an email address and you’re done. Simple. Easy. Worthwhile. Want to make a bigger difference? Feature this cause on your own website, blog, twitter, facebook. Spread the word!

Voting Link : (Click Anywhere in this swanky grey box)
Take 10 Wounded Soldiers to Hawaii for an Adaptive Fly Fishing Trip
~All the details described on the Voting Page~
Thank You!!

WolfyNo Gravatar March 9, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Done – I’ll be back each day

john wooldridgeNo Gravatar March 10, 2010 at 3:13 am

Although not living over your side of the pond I firmly believe that our soldiers (American and British) deserve as much support as we can offer them for the sacrifice and service that they provide for our countries. Worthy cause, consider my vote cast.
Regards,
John

ShoremanNo Gravatar March 10, 2010 at 9:22 am

I can normally cast a fly better than I can cast a vote, but I do both. In this case, casting a vote for this cause is much easier. Consider it done.

NerverackerNo Gravatar March 10, 2010 at 11:30 am

I couldn’t agree more. Being a veteran myself, I respect every member of the armed forces. There is also another organization that specializes in disabled vets and adaptive fly fishing. Project Healing Waters http://www.projecthealingwaters.org/ is one such organization.
John Bass a board member of PHW is confined to a wheelchair and is very active in the PHW program. I don’t know if you watch Sportsman Channel, or Fly Rod Chronicles with Curtis Fleming. Curtis has had John on the show several times, and he amazes me every time I see him on the show. Getting involved with projects like this and others are worthy of my time and effort.
Those young men and women serve so we can have the freedom to go out on a nice day and swing our flies. They deserve every little bit of anything we can give back. I know I make it a point to thank every soldier or sailor I see in uniform. All of the freedom we enjoy isn’t exactly free.
Great post. Rebecca, thank you for supporting our troops and bringing this to your readers.

Dave

DanNo Gravatar March 10, 2010 at 9:03 pm

Also done and can’t agree more. Keep writing
Thanks Idaho Dan

BigerrfishNo Gravatar March 11, 2010 at 9:01 am

I cant cast a fly, and I dont try, I dont usually vote but this time I did,
I will Present a bug, which is doing, A fly fisher asks for a click it’s done!
find a fish and forget about casting… help someone in need and forget again.

nimrod243No Gravatar March 11, 2010 at 6:45 pm

This is an awesome idea. Amen to all the above. One of the best things about this is that it isn’t another government sponsored program. I had heard about the Pepsi Refresh Project, but didn’t know people might be doing cool things like this!

ColoradoAnglerNo Gravatar March 11, 2010 at 11:01 pm

And it doesn’t even let you vote more than once…yeah, I had to try..

RebeccaNo Gravatar March 12, 2010 at 12:36 pm

Thank you Everyone!!! I really do appreciate it.
(I tried it too ColoradoAngler, sort of like casting a fly into the exact spot you just caught a fish…you just never know)